We Are Here to Help
- We welcome you to our Food Pantry - we will treat you with compassion, dignity and respect.
- Upon arrival at the Pantry, you will receive a number and be called in order.
- On your first visit to the Food Pantry you will be given two forms to fill out - we ask for your name, address, estimates of your monthly income and expenses, and a list of who lives in your household.
- Each time you come, you must show identification, like a driver’s license, including proof of your address. You must live in Knox County.
- Client hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:30am to 12:00pm and Wednesday 5:00-6:30pm
- Please read our Expected Conduct statement and adhere to it each time you visit us.
- We follow a client-choice model where you will partnered with a volunteer shopper. Together, you will walk around our shelves choosing which food items your household would like.
- A household may come for food once during a calendar month.
- The amount of food we give should provide food for about three days, based on the size of your family. It’s only a supplement.
- AIO is one of many food sources in Knox County have food pantries and places to get food or a meal. We encourage you to use all resources available.
- Utility assistance vouchers are limited to no more than $300 per household per year, or 100 gallons of heating product
- We might be able to help prevent your electricity or water from being shut off - bring a paper copy of the disconnection notice. We will call the vendor to discuss possible voucher assistance.
- Utility assistance is not guaranteed
- Everyone involved at AIO is a volunteer. No one is paid.
- We rely on financial and food donations to provide help to those who need it.
- We are neighbors helping neighbors and affirm the importance and dignity of every person who comes to us.
- We expect that same respect and civility in return - in the waiting room and while being helped to get food or a voucher.
- No smoking or drug use permitted on the premises.
- For the comfort of all, no cell phone usage in the waiting room.