We thank the hundreds of organizations, corporations, private individuals, churches, civic groups, and offices, who hold fund-raisers or simply write big and small checks to AIO throughout the year.
Pies on Parade raises more than $25,000 for food pantry
Innkeepers, restaurant owners and business members who participated in the 14th Annual Pies on Parade Pie Tour presented a check Feb. 5 to the Area Interfaith Outreach Food Pantry and Fuel Assistance Program for $25,870.18, representing all ticket sales, silent auction cash donations and Camden Scavenger/Trivia Hunt proceeds from the annual pie tour. This brings the total donations for AIO’s food and fuel assistance programs to more than $185,923 from Pies on Parade’s 14-year tenure.
- Walmart (Thomaston): Fresh produce, meat, bread, boxed and canned goods. A true blessing.
- Hannaford (Rockland): Lots of frozen meat. Wonderful.
- Shaw’s (Rockland): Some produce plus permission to hold shopping list Saturdays to remind their customers to add items to their carts for AIO’s food pantry. Much appreciated.
- Atlantic Baking Company: Day-old, beautiful loaves and rolls. Heavenly.
- Willow Street Bakery: Day-old donuts and holes. Sweet!
- Erickson Fields Preserve. Fresh from their farm - Vegetables, vegetables, vegetables.
Many churches, civic groups, offices (and in summer, gardeners!) who bring in loads of everything. Good-hearted people.