How to become a client
- You must live in Knox County.
- On your first visit you’ll be given two forms to fill out, asking for estimates of your monthly income and expenses, and a list of who lives in your household.
- Each time you come, you must show identification, like a driver’s license, including proof of your address.
- Client hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:30am to 12:00pm and Wednesday 5:00-7:00pm
- A household may come for food only once during a calendar month.
- The amount of food we give should provide food for about three days, based on the size of your family. It’s only a supplement. Several towns in Knox County have food pantries and places to get a meal.
- To get a voucher for the electric company (CMP) you must bring in your disconnect notice. If you need help preventing an eviction, you must show us an eviction notice from your landlord.
- For all requests, we will ask you what steps you’ve already taken to solve the problem.
- Emergency vouchers are limited to no more than $300 per household per year.
- Everyone involved at AIO is a volunteer. No one is paid. We rely on donations to provide help to those who need it.
- We are neighbors helping neighbors and affirm the importance and dignity of every person who comes to us.
- We expect that same respect and civility in return - in the waiting room and while being helped to get food or a voucher.
- No smoking permitted on the premises.
- For the comfort of all, no cell phone usage in the waiting room.