We Are Here to Help
- We welcome you to our Food Pantry - we will treat you with compassion, dignity and respect.
- Upon arrival at the Food Pantry, you will receive a number and be called for intake.
- On your first visit to the Food Pantry you will be given a few forms to fill out and we will answer any questions you have about us (the form is attached below if you would like to get started, bring with you)
- Each time you come, you must show identification, like a driver’s license, including proof of your address. You must live in Knox County.
- Client hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:30am to 12:00pm and Wednesday 5:00-6:30pm
- Please read our Expected Conduct statement and adhere to it each time you visit us.
- We follow a client-choice food pantry model where you will partnered with a volunteer shopper. Together, you will walk around our shelves choosing which food items your household would like.
- A household may come for food once during a calendar month.
- The amount of food we give should provide food for about three days, based on the size of your family. It’s only a supplement.
- AIO is one of many resources in Knox County where you can get food. We encourage you to use all food pantries and meal sites available to you (based on where you live).
- The new program name is AIO Energy Assistance (heating or electricity disconnection prevention)
- The program will begin on November 4, 2019, and concludes when the program budget is reached.
- Vouchers are issued by appointment only and a specific AIO Energy Assistance application must be completed
- One voucher issued per household–either heating (100 gallons) or electricity disconnection ($200) per season
- We rely on financial support from the community and food donations to provide help to those who need it.
- We are neighbors helping neighbors and affirm the importance and dignity of every person who comes to us.
- We expect that same respect and civility in return - in the waiting room and while being helped to get food or a voucher.
- No smoking or drug use permitted on the premises.
- No cell phone usage in the waiting room.
Client Intake Form (fill out and bring with you)